Spring is in the air, and there is no better place to be than Atlanta. From festivals to concerts to ball games, there are plenty of outdoor events for you to enjoy! Buy Owner is here to show you the best things to see and do in Atlanta this spring.
• OUTDOOR EVENTS get you out and about to enjoy the beautiful spring weather in Atlanta.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival
How about 31 days of Jazz music? Enjoy all this and more during the month of May! The Atlanta Jazz Festival schedules events with famous artists and plenty of activities for friends and families. Be prepared to listen to all kinds of jazz music with Atlanta natives and Atlanta visitors from all over the world! The festival culminates during Memorial Day weekend with a three-day festival of fantastic performances.
- FREE Events
Some of the best things in life are free! And this includes a bevy of events in Atlanta. Try one of the Fourth Saturday Family Fun Days at Centennial Olympic Park. One a month, bring the whole family to the park for a fun-filled day of educational activities, performances and more. The Friday and Saturday morning tours at Piedmont Park are available each week! Enjoy a free bus tour of Atlanta’s premier urban park, courtesy of BeltLine! You must check out the Spring Concerts on Douglasville’s O’Neal Plaza. Every Saturday in May, enjoy the Celtic musical stylings of Irish bands.
• ATLANTA SPORTING EVENTS are a great place to be this spring! The beginning of spring signifies the start of baseball season.
- At the end of March, The Atlanta Braves were leading the National League in Spring Training with 17 wins and 9 losses. It was definitely an improvement from their almost last place finish last season. The Braves are looking forward to a much better 2009 season. Be there for all the action! To find tickets, visit the Braves website or Ticketmaster.com.
- The Atlanta Hawks are one of eight teams in the NBA’s Western Conference that made the 2009 playoffs. See if they can go all the way to the championship! Check the Hawks website or Ticketmaster.com for more information on the playoff schedule.
• CONCERTS thrive in Atlanta during the springtime! Here are some of the upcoming concerts:
- Dave Matthews Band, April 28 and 29, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park
- Nine Inch Nails & Jane’s Addiction, May 10, Lakewood Amphitheatre
- Divas Simply Singing (AIDS Benefit), May 16, Rialto Center for the Arts