You’re selling your home and want to get it in tip-top shape for showings. The only problem? Your busy schedule makes it hard to squeeze in time for remodeling projects. Don’t worry! There are things you can do, even in a weekend, to spruce up your place.
Take a look at the following home projects, designed to be completed in a short amount of time:
- ORGANIZE: Inexpensive and efficient, simply cleaning and organizing your home can dramatically improve its selling power. Choose one room or one section of a room to tackle in a small amount of time. Don’t get discouraged with what’s still to be done; focus on what you can do, and get to it!
- PAINT: Painting well is 90% prep work, from spackling and sanding to caulking and cleaning. While painting a room can be tiring, the results will be impressive. Plus, you run little risk of damaging or harming anything.
- REPAIR & IMPROVE: When you get a chance, make a list of all the repairs and improvements needed in your home. Work through the list whenever you get a chance. Things to look out for:
- Bathtub leaks (simply re-caulk the tub by removing the old caulking and then using a damp sponge to form a new caulk in a nice, smooth finish)
- Burnt-out bulbs (simply replace)
- Door knobs/handles (an easy way to dress up doors)
- Replace the furnace filter
With a little creativity and planning, you’ll be able to get your home looking its best without sacrificing a ton of your free time. What are you waiting for?