It’s customary for a new homeowner to throw a party after his or her recent move. While you’ll be excited to tour the new abode and enjoy drinks and food, you should also consider bringing a thoughtful gift for the host.
When considering a gift, you should first consider the nature of the homeowner. A first-timer might need the basics: small kitchen appliances, decorative dishware, towels, bed sheets, etc. A well-established homeowner will most likely have all of the necessities. So what do you do?
Gift ideas for first-time homeowners:
- pots and pans
- plates, bowls, silverware
- spice rack
- kitchen and bath towels
- neutral-colored bed sheets and pillow cases
- local travel guides or newspaper subscription
- universal remote
- answering machine
- outdoor equipment (rake, shovel, garden tools)
- gift certificate to local home improvement store
Gift ideas for established homeowners:
- house plants
- indoor herb garden
- food gift baskets
- wine/cheese gift baskets
- gift certificate to a local restaurant
- tickets to a local sporting event
- wash basin filled with cleaning accessories
Interested in going green with your gift? Check out this article at HubPages for ideas!