Just about every home owner who decides to sell has the same concern: how long is it going to take? (That, and how much money will be made.)
And as you probably know, the simplest answer to that question is that it depends. All kinds of factors influence time on the market, including number of other homes for sale, price listed, quality and condition of property, etc. There are no guarantees, but, let’s be honest, that’s not what you want to hear, not if you’re selling your home.
Essentially, there are two ways to increase your chances of selling quickly:
(1) Price competitively and (2) Make your home look fantastic.
(1) Price: Price competitively, and price it right from the beginning. If you list the home for more than you think it’s worth, buyers will know, especially in this market where there are an abundance of homes for sale. Sure, you can lower the price later, but your home will have been on the market longer, and buyers will know that, too. To avoid being passed over for inflated pricing or considered stale when finally at the right one, price right from the beginning.
For more information on pricing, see these Buy Owner Blog articles:
• The #1 Mistake of Home Sellers
• Is It Time to Drop Your Price?
(2) Amenities: It’s a basic rule of competition – outshine the others. Remember that in today’s market, there are many homes for sale. Beyond price, the #1 factor that will provoke a sale is the quality/condition of your residence and what amenities it offers. Now is the time to get your home clean and in showcase condition.
For more information on getting your home in showing condition, see this Buy Owner Blog articles: